I am regularly asked for recommendations on different tools, training, resources and services available to blogging. People particularly want to know what tools I use to run my blogs.
As a result I’ve put together a list of recommended blogging resources that I’ve either personally used (in most cases) or which have come highly recommended to me by people I trust.
I will add to these lists as I come across new blogging resources that I recommend.
- WordPress.org – this is my blog platform of choice and the platform that I use and many other blogs run on.
- WordPress.com – a free hosted blogging platform
- Blogger – another free hosted option – owned by Google
Recommended Reading – Choosing a Blog Platform
BlueHost – A solid host with some competitive hosting packages.
- Thesis – a professionally designed WordPress blog theme with many configuration options.
- Gensis – another fresh WordPress framework with some great features.
- Woo Themes – a talented team of designers with some excellent themes of different styles.
- AdSense – Googles Ad network – one of the most used monetization strategies for bloggers.
- Chitika – one of my highest earners, a widget type ad that converts well on product related sites.
- Amazon Associates – make money recommending products from the biggest online store.